Re: How to begin v4l2 application development??

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 14:40 -0500, Bryan Nations wrote:
> I am new to video for linux and would like to know what resources are
> available to assist me in programming a simple webcam application with
> c++ in a *nix environment. My main goal right now is to just view the
> webcam in a small window. I have found lots of info on driver
> development, but I am interested in the application side. Are there any
> c++ examples or references that will help me get started?

Read the V4L2 API documentation.  Everything an app programmer can call
is there.

I susggest playing around with the v4l2-ctl utility with your device to
get a feel for what many of the miscellaneous ioctl()'s support.

You may want to look at svv.c here:

	http://moinejf.free.fr/

as a simple test viewer application.

Regards,