Re: Microsoft VX-1000 Microphone Drivers Crash in x86_64

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have just done the pull request. The patch should be applied in the
> kernel 2.6.36 and it contains:

Jean-Francois,

Long Thank you, please be patient,

You did most of the work, but I appreciate your generosity so much.
Linux wouldn't work without kind people like you who help people like
me who are not as experienced! I've been trying so hard for ~3 years
to contribute and this is my biggest contribution considering
thousands of people will be using this driver fix soon when its merged
with the latest Kernel!

It's very generous of you to share the publicity for this webcam patch
with me! I have a new-found respect for the work you're doing and want
to help in any way I can. I've learned sonixj.c very well now after
reading the code for a week and would love to help with improving it
and optimize it to get better performance. Please let me know if I can
ever be of assistance for testing or otherwise!

If you ever need to pass this driver on to someone else (like Michel
Xhaard did with you), please consider me! I would love to help improve
upon this driver and help maintain it! I'm a college student and not
as experienced as you, but you've shown me a great deal and how to
debug projects like this and for that I am greatful!

I sincerely appreciate and thank you for you help and friendliness! It
has been a pleasure debugging with you. Please call on me when you
need to test this driver again against future changes!

I'm still curious about the following if you feel like answering:
> Is there anyway to give the camera button an
> action when the camera is not on? In windows, pressing the button
> would launch a predefined application (Windows Live Messenger), but I
> would like to write in the ability to open either a buddy list or
> Cheese or something relevant from the button if possible.

Thank you very much,

--
Kyle Baker