Re: em28xx: success report for KWORLD DVD Maker USB 2.0 (VS-USB2800) [eb1a:2860]

On 07/09/2010 02:12 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Well, it depends. What are your video adapter card? ATI? Nvidia?

Sorry Mauro, I misread your earlier comment. I thought you were talking about the capture device, not my graphics card. My video driver is indeed proprietary (Nvidia) and has terrible tearing issues, but at least it doesn't do anything as bad as introduce vertical stripes with periodicity 4.3. :^D

The problem he's having now with the latest is the picture appears to
be shifted. I have to wonder if perhaps I screwed something up when I
did the VBI support, in that it may not work properly when the scaler
is in use.

I will have to do some testing.

By the way, if you can't find other hardware that exhibits the same problem, let me know what I can do to help.

I tried other picture resolutions and found that the shifting only happens when the picture height is the full 480. If you fix the height at 480 and let the width vary, the picture is shifted over by 1/4 of the width (or 3/4, depending how you look at it), except when the width is very close to 720. At width 718 the shift is more like 1/3, and then at width 720 the picture isn't shifted at all. Here are some tarred up snapshots if you want to take a look:

http://ifile.it/hpui0j4/em28xx-height480.tar

Ivan