Re: em28xx: success report for KWORLD DVD Maker USB 2.0 (VS-USB2800) [eb1a:2860]

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Ivan <ivan.q.public@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/08/2010 01:52 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>>
>> The vertical stripes were a problem with the anti-alias filter
>> configuration, which I fixed a few months ago (and probably just
>> hasn't made it into your distribution).  Just install the current
>> v4l-dvb code and it should go away:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/repo
>
> Yep, that gets rid of the vertical stripes but adds in a lovely horizontal
> shift:
>
> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/3763906/img/3763906.png
>
> Also, vertical lines look slightly more ragged than they did before, to my
> eye at least.
>
> I'm also encountering this old compilation problem:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg06865.html
>
> I worked around it by disabling firedtv in v4l/.config. (I'm running
> 2.6.32-23-generic on Ubuntu Lucid.)
>
> Ivan

The "jagged vertical lines" is probably this issue, which was fixed in
git but the fix hasn't hit the hg repository yet:

http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-dvb.git?a=commitdiff;h=9db74cf24c038292d353d746cec11f6da368ef4c

The "horizontal shift" issue is interesting.  Does that happen every
time?  And did you unplug/replug the device?  Try to reboot?

Regarding the compilation issue, yeah it's annoying.  Perhaps someday
the Ubuntu people will fix their kernel packaging process.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com