Van: "O&M Ugarcina" <mo.ucina@xxxxxxxxx>
Aan: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Verzonden: Woensdag 30 juni 2010 14:08:22
Onderwerp: [linux-dvb] TeVii S470 in mythtv  - diseqc problems

Hello Guys,

Just installed a S470 into my mythbox , fedora 12 kernel
2.6.32.14-127.fc12.i686.PAE . Myth is .23 the most recent fedora package
, the drivers for dvb card I have at the moment were pulled in
2010-04-01 . I assume they are pretty current . The problem that I have
is as follows :
Most of my viewing is done on a Satellite connected to diseqc port 2 ,
and myth tunes into that with no probs at all , but occasionally I try
to watch a channel that is on a second satellite - port 1 and here
things fail . Myth tries to tune into the channel - then times out with
error , during this the dvb driver crashes , and when I try to retune
again with myth there is no lock on either satellite  . So I need to
restart pc , then everything comes back on port 2 and myth is able to
tune again channels within that first satellite . Any one else
experienced diseqc issues with this card and myth ?

Second question what is the tool of choice to use to scan dvbs2
satellites ? I tried dvbscan but it only picked up dvbs transponders ,
on dvbs2 it failed to tune . I saw that there used to be this utillity
scan-s2 , but looks like it was abandoned a couple of years ago and has
not been maintained since . So how do you guys do a transponder scan for
dvbs2 ?

Best Regards

Milorad