Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.34-rc7 kernel panics "BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at (null)" while channel scan runnin

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Silamael <Silamael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> In the meanwhile i tried several different kernel versions:
> - 2.6.26 (as included in Debian Lenny): crash
> - 2.6.32-3 (as in Debian Squeeze): crash
> - 2.6.32-5 (updated version in Debian Squeeze): crash
> - 2.6.34: crash
>
> In every kernel version I've tested, the crashdump looks the same. Each
> time there's an NULL pointer given to saa7146_buffer_next().
>
> Would be nice if someone could give me some hints. I'm not sure whether
> it's a broken driver or it's due to broken hardware or some other issues.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Matthias,

While I don't doubt there's probably a bug in this driver, you haven't
provided nearly enough information to correct it. Please resubmit with
the full backtrace provided by the kernel at the time of the crash.
Without this information, it's hard to gauge the exact cause of the
error and thus no one will attempt to fix it.

Regards,

David Ellingsworth