Re: ideal DVB-C PCI/e card? [linux-media]

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Jed <jedi.theone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> We have USB DVB-C/T hybrid devices which are supported with Linux.
>>>
>>> http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html (the driver is
>>> mostly independent from
>>> Linux Kernels).
>>>
>>> Aside of that we just made it work on a Dreambox 800 (300 Mhz MIPS as
>>> well, and looking forward
>>> to support other platforms as well).
>>>

>>> http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks/Sundtek-MediaTV-Digital-Home-DVB-CT.html
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>> Markus
>>
>> Thanks but I'd prefer PCI/e form-factor...
>> If there's something fw or usb-based x2, & squeezed into that
>> form-factor, I'm very interested!
>
> I may only have room for 1x pci/e dvb-c card (hopefully one that has two
> single fw tuners mounted).
> So I may still look at USB based tuners like yours...

There are also MiniPCIe USB DVB-C/T solutions available, although we
have only seen single
PCIe - MiniPCIe solutions yet (and those required an additional
internal USB connection for the USB part)
Another option might be a PCI/PCIe USB Bridge +  USB DVB-C, we tested
3x USB DVB-C devices
with a notebook at the same time (maybe 4 are possible, our test PC
only had 3x USB Slots back then).

Markus