Re: ideal DVB-C PCI/e card? [linux-media]

Ideally it'd be dual DVB-C, the only one I've found is more than dual
DVB-C&    is far too expensive.

If you need two receivers but can only spare up to one PCI or PCIe slot,
why not use two USB or FireWire attached receivers?

FireWire ones seem to be out of production now though and weren't
exactly on the cheap side.  OTOH one can drive up to 3 DVB FireWire
receivers on a single FireWire bus; and for those who need even more
there are dual link FireWire PCI and PCIe cards readily available.

Thanks for offering your thoughts Stefan.
Any specific recommendations?

Ideally I want two or more dvb-c tuners in a pci/e form-factor.

If there's FW or USB tuners that are mounted onto a PCI/e card, work
well in Linux,&  are relatively cheap, then I'd love to know!

I don't have an overview over USB tuners.

We have USB DVB-C/T hybrid devices which are supported with Linux.

http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html (the driver is
mostly independent from
Linux Kernels).

Aside of that we just made it work on a Dreambox 800 (300 Mhz MIPS as
well, and looking forward
to support other platforms as well).

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks/Sundtek-MediaTV-Digital-Home-DVB-CT.html

Best Regards,
Markus

Thanks but I'd prefer PCI/e form-factor...
If there's something fw or usb-based x2, & squeezed into that form-factor, I'm very interested!

Cheers,
Jed