Re: [v4l-utils v5 0/5] Add support for meson building

Hi Kieran, Mauro,

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll try to review and address all the
comments you've posted. Just a quick comment related to the output size
and debug level.

On 5/18/21 7:18 AM, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> On 18/05/2021 08:23, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Em Mon, 17 May 2021 23:13:45 +0100
>> Kieran Bingham <kieran.bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

[snip]
>> Assuming that both builds used the same compilers, a difference at
>> the order of (tens of) MB can only be explained if Meson build
>> was very incomplete, and/or the output files don't carry the same
>> debug info.
>
> Indeed - compiler debug info level changes could be another thing to
> check. That could account for a larger build output difference, but
> there's certainly a large discrepancy to solve.

I've just checked and autotools is building by default with -g -O2, so
meson should be built with --buildtype=debugoptimized to get the same
results.

I'll dig deeper and post more soon.

Regards,
Ariel