Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Sunday 21 March 2010 21:15:01 Oliver Endriss wrote:
>> Mauro,
>>
>> Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene
>>
>> for the following changeset:
>>
>> 01/01: ngene: Workaround for stuck DiSEqC pin
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/ngene?cmd=changeset;node=1dc562463f63
>>

>>  stv090x.c |    4 ++++
>>  1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Oliver
>
> Ping!

This patch were already merged on my fixes.git tree:

commit 492c3a4e8749e70b2f981d600bc29a1798963ff9
Author:     Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@xxxxxx>
AuthorDate: Sun Mar 21 11:48:47 2010 -0300
Commit:     Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx>
CommitDate: Thu Apr 1 12:58:29 2010 -0300

    V4L/DVB: ngene: Workaround for stuck DiSEqC pin

    Send one DiSEqC byte to make sure that the pin is set to low level.

It is not on the development tree yet (so, it were not  added to the
-hg tree).

The rationale is that this patch should go first to upstream tree, and then,
when merging again from Linus, it will appear at the development tree.

However: if we backport from Linus right now, we'll move from a stable
revision (2.6.33) to a non-stable random upstream version. I'm avoiding
to do it, since, every time we merge back, a full compilation is required
for those that are using git. On the other hand, if we simply add the
patch at -git, it will appear again when submitting the development tree
upstream.

So, we basically need some ideas on how to improve the process without
those issues . I have a few ideas about it (probably adding some branches
at the tree), but I need first to work on my long queue of patches, in order
to have some time to work on it.

--

Cheers,
Mauro

PS.: I haven't submitted the fixes tree upstream yet. Some patches at the devel
tree also need to go to fixes, but the same problem happens with those patches:
we should not send a patch twice to upstream. So, my hope is to merge the pending
patches this weekend and do some process changes next week to allow me to submit those
upstream.