HEIC encoder/decoder

Hello,

I have to implement HEIC image encoder (and later decoder) in Venus
driver and I wonder how to distinguish image vs video encoding using
HEVC and possibly AVC codecs.

I could imagine those two options:

* introduce a new compressed format V4L2_PIX_FMT_HEVC_IMAGE and reuse
video encoder as of now, or

* make a separate video node which supports HEVC with profiles Main
Still Picture and Main 10 Still picture only. The problem here is that
AVC doesn't provide profiles for still pictures, and in this case the
driver cannot distinguish what the client wants video or image
encoding/decoding.

It is a bit more complicated but I'd like to receive comments / ideas at
what would be the best way.

--
regards,
Stan