Re: update gspca driver in linux source tree

The problem with all the trees (http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/ and http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/) are the used perl scripts to build the makefile. They use "uname -r" to get the kernel version and they use directories like "/lib/modules" as default. Now, I try to cross compile the tree on my ubuntu machine for an ARM embedded system. The arm kernel tree is under a different path than "/lib/modules/xxxx/build" and "uname -r" returns the kernel version of my local machine. So the drivers don't get properly compiled.

After some changes in the perl scripts I was able to cross compile the drivers for my ARM linux system. I have already tried it some weeks before, but at that time I had no succes. For this reason I tried it by copying the driver sources into my ARM kernel tree. Now it works for me.

I have still one question: Where can I find the ".config" file in the linux tree after "make menuconfig"?

Regards, Joern

You will want to not use my tree, but use the latest generic tree:
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/
Then simply compile that tree (this will need the headers of your 2.6.29 kernel
in the usual place):
cd v4l-dvb
make menuconfig
make
sudo make install

And then reboot, now you will be using your 2.9.29 kernel with a fully
up2date v4l-dvb subsystem.

Regards,

Hans