Re: GIGABYTE U8000-RH Analog source support ?

2010/3/31 Fernando P. García <fernandoparedesgarcia@xxxxxxxxx>:
> May you elaborate about the "huge undertaking"
>
> Fernando.

The issue is the dvb-usb framework on which the dib0700 driver is
built has absolutely no support for analog.  Adding support for a new
bridge (both raw video and PCM audio) is on the order of 100 hours of
work for somebody who knows what they are doing.  It includes adding
all the V4L2 hooks and ioctls(), reverse engineering the format of the
delivered video, inserting the video into videobuf, reverse
engineering how audio is provided by the hardware (and how it is
controlled), and creating an ALSA driver to handle the audio feed.

Oh, and then you have to debug all the edge cases.

I did it for the au0828 bridge, and I'm in the middle of doing it for
the ngene bridge.  It's a royal PITA and at this point no developer is
willing to invest the time/energy to do it for free.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com