Re: Asus PN50 CEC

On 07/09/2020 21:49, Timo Ketola wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure  weather this is the right place to ask but one has to start somewhere. Here we go:
>
> I bought an Asus PN50 mini PC (Ryzen 3 4300U). It should have HDMI-CEC and there indeed are some related settings in the BIOS. But there seems to be no support for it in Linux and I can't find any
> hints how it might have been implemented on the hardware side.
>
> Any ideas what to do now?

I suspect that this is a BIOS-only implementation that just does the bare minimum
for wake up and standby (if enabled).

Similar to what Intel did on some of their NUCs.

Not very useful since it can't be accessed from the OS.

That said, I can't really find any good information on it since I could only
find a Quick Start manual that had no information on this.

Regards,

	Hans