Re: RFC: Phase 1: Proposal to convert V4L1 drivers

On Saturday 20 March 2010 19:38:39 Gerard Klaver wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 09:58 +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> <lines deleted>
> >
> > - ov511
> > - ovcamchip
> > - w9968cf
> > - stv680
> >

> > Conclusion:
> >
> > These drivers have no hardware to test with: bw-qcam, c-qcam, arv, w9966.
> > However, all four should be easy to convert to v4l2, even without hardware.
> > Volunteers?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Hans
> >

> Hello,
>
> I have a c-qcam with par. port, so i can do some test, see page below
> for some information webcam:
>
> http://gkall.hobby.nl/connectix-quickcam.html

Well, no good deed goes unpunished, so I'd appreciate it if you could do some
testing :-)

I did a quick conversion of c-qcam to V4L2. You can find the tree here:

http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-v4l1

It is 'bug compatible' with the V4L1 driver. I.e. I only converted the API,
I didn't check anything else. And I saw some very dubious contructs in the
init and exit paths, so I am almost positive that it needs a bit more work.

Please let me know how it goes and post the kernel messages that the driver
prints when loaded, used and when unloaded.

Regards,

	Hans