Re: Problems with ngene based DVB cards (Digital Devices Cine S2 Dual DVB-S2 , Mystique SaTiX S2 Dual)

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Andreas Besse <besse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are now able to reproduce the problem faster and easier (using the
>> patched version of szap-s2 and the scripts included in the tar.gz :
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/17334
>> and
>> http://cache.gmane.org//gmane/linux/drivers/video-input-infrastructure/17334-001.bin
>> )
>
> This is pretty interesting.  I'm doing some ngene work over the next
> few weeks, so I will see if I can reproduce the behavior you are
> seeing here.
>
> I noticed  that you are manually setting the "one_adapter=0" modprobe
> setting.  Does this have any bearing on the test results?

I will try to answer this one:

No, leaving out this parameter does not change the test results; you
will only need to use different and additional parameters for szap-s2
for specifying the correct adapter and sub-devices.

By now, we also found out that the problems can be reproduced much easier:

0)

szap-s2 -H -c channels_DVB-S2_transponder_switch.conf -a 0 -n 1 -x |
grep Delay

Delay : 0.573021

1)

szap-s2 -H -c channels_DVB-S2_transponder_switch.conf -a 1 -n 1 -x |
grep Delay
Delay : 0.564667

2)

szap-s2 -H -c channels_DVB-S2_transponder_switch.conf -a 0 -n 1 -x |
grep Delay
Delay : 1.741931

Instead of 2) you can also run the included script

2')

./run_szap-s2_adapter0.sh

which will result in the device timeout after 30-40 iterations

To summarize

=> When opening and closing adapter0, then opening and closing devices
of adapter1, this will immediately result in problems.

And there a lot more variations of this bug, for example: actually read
data from adapter0, tune adapter1 using szap-s2, which will result in
adapter0 to be 'blocked' and not produce any more data after around 60 secs.

We are currently trying to dig into the source code of the driver to
solve the problems and would appreciate any help.

Have fun,
Marco