Re: IMX274 driver

Hi Sowjanya,

On 29/05/20 04:07, Sowjanya Komatineni wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Quick question regarding IMX274 driver that was up streamed by you.

Well, to be fair I only added cropping and made some improvements.

> Upstream IMX274 driver programs Y_OUT_SIZE correctly based on IMX274
> datasheet and register mode table for Y_OUT_SIZE where it includes 6
> ignored area of effective pixels + 8 effective margin for color
> processing pixels.
>
> So, Y_OUT_SIZE register value = height + 14
>
> But somehow with this we are not seeing full frame on CSI.
>
> In our internal NVIDIA IMX274 driver, we are programming Y_OUT_SIZE to
> exact height  Y_OUT_SIZE = height
>
> So for debug, followed the same and updated upstream IMX274 driver to
> program Y_OUT_SIZE = crop.height locally and I see all resolutions
> working fine with this.
>
> Checking with Sony on whats causing sensor not to send full frame when
> Y_OUT_SIZE is set to height + 14.
>
> But thought to check with you in parallel if there are any known issues

That's strange. Unfortunately I'm not using imx274 anymore since a long
time and don't remember the details, but definitely I did test it and if
there had been 14 missing lines I'm pretty sure I would have noticed.

I'll see if I can remember anything useful, and in case I'll update you.
I would be glad if you can update me on any findings too, maybe they
will help in understanding the problem better.

Regards,
--
Luca