Re: atomisp kernel driver(s)

Am 4/30/2020 um 12:55 PM schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
Em Thu, 30 Apr 2020 09:56:53 +0200
Patrik Gfeller<patrik.gfeller@xxxxxxxxx>  escreveu:

For my first test tried to re-compile to module, without the whole
kernel. That was a mistake, as I mixed something up, probably it loaded
an old version of the module ... to be on the save side the steps I used
this time (in case we see something unexpected and for my later reference):

$ git log --oneline
4c922df10252 (HEAD -> atomisp, origin/atomisp) media: atomisp2: get rid
of ia_css_sc_param.h version dependency

$ make -j4 clean
$ make -j4
$ sudo make modules_install INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1
$ sudo make install
Please try to build from this branch:

	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=atomisp_v2

You'll need to setup a new config var there. So, please run this before
make clean. So, for building it, you will do:

	$ ./scripts/config -e CONFIG_VIDEO_ATOMISP_ISP2401 && make -j modules_prepare
	$ make -j4 clean && make -j4
	$ sudo make modules_install INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 && sudo make install

This won't change the regulator detection, but it should hopefully use
the ISP2401-specific code, with seems to be needed for your device.

I've updated to the latest source (git checkout atomisp_v2 && git pull) and compiled using the instructions above. Compilation worked well, but the linker had some problems (full log attached):

ld: drivers/staging/media/atomisp/pci/css_2401_system/hive_isp_css_2401_system_generated/ia_css_isp_states.o:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `ia_css_kernel_init_state'; drivers/staging/media/atomisp/pci/css_2401_csi2p_system/hive_isp_css_2401_system_csi2p_generated/ia_css_isp_states.o:(.data+0x0): first defined here

Not sure if I can help with that. Sounds like we have to remove definitions - which I might be able to do. But I would need to know where the right place is to keep the definitions. If a code generator is involved (one of the paths looks like it) it will be more difficult for me. But with some hints I'm of course willing to give it a shot. Please give me an example of a definition) and a hint in case we deal with generated code.

Ah, when replying, could you please use an emailer that won't be breaking
long lines? Your emailer is currently breaking lines longer than 80 columns,
with is quite annoying when checking log results ;-)
I changed the configuration of my mail client; a test message looked ok. Let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Mauro

with kind regards
Patrik