Re: [linux-dvb] soft demux device

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 05:12 -0800, ozgur cagdas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just compiled v4l-dvb successfully. My aim is to develop some
> experimental dvb applications on top of this dvb kernel api.
> Initially, I do not want to use any hardware and would like to play
> with the recorded ts files I have. So, is there any software demux
> device available within this package or somewhere else?

I do not know.  You could write a simple dvb_dummy driver module.  The
existing dvb_dummy_fe module would be helpful in such an endeavor, I
suppose.

>  If so, how can I load this device and make it work on a given ts file
> circularly?

Writing the TS to the /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 device would be the way to
replay an existing TS file, IIRC.

>  On the other hand, I have no /dev/dvb node  at the moment, so should
> I do anything for this or would loading the driver create it
> automatically?

A dvb driver being loaded and registering should cause those to be
created automatically.

Regards,
Andy