Re: [RFC] Buildfailure due to mising "select REGMAP_I2C"

Ian,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 11:31:01PM +0100, Ian Kumlien wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 11:08 AM Sakari Ailus
> <sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 08:56:34AM +0100, Ian Kumlien wrote:
> > > On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:51 AM Sakari Ailus
>
> [... 8< ..]
>
> > > Yep, like this one:
> >
> > Yes, like that one.
>
> Anything more you need from me? or is this it? ;)

Ah, I now notice you've perhaps sent the mail using a mail client that has
converted tabs to spaces, for instance. That makes the patch rather
difficult to apply. Some e-mail clients do that right, some do not. Often
copying and pasting the text from a terminal also does the unwanted
conversion.

Patches are best sent using git send-email; it's made for that purpose. If
you were already using git, you're quite close.

So in this case, I'd like to ask you to take the diff you sent in the
earlier e-mail, and send the resulting patch using git send-email so it can
be merged.

And, now that this is not really an RFC anymore, the subject prefix should
be "PATCH" instead of "RFC".

There's more documentation in Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst
.

--
Kind regards,

Sakari Ailus