terratec grabby sound problem

Bonjour,

I've bought a terratec grabby device but I've experimented some audio problems with it I run an ubuntu karmic (9.10) distri and use mplayer/mencoder to see and capture vhs pal stuff.

But, If video works with mplayer/mencoder, sound doesn't
So I run alsamixer -c1 to access grabby capture volume, then when I change volume slider a little bit I get an ugly sound very jerky Then I go to sound préférences of pulsaudio and swith the grabby device to off (éteint in french) andb after to analog input and then I get a good sound.

I's very strange because with my old pinnacle dvc100 sound works immediatly (but this device seems to have problem because sound move time to time to an affect like a flanger and then come normal again ; I suspect a hardware problem of the device but I cannot be sure because I have no microsoft computer to test it).

I've bought this low-cost terratec grabby to do the job but, finally, I experiment another problem....I'm trying to grab my vhs since several months and I have still no success !

I cannot try to grab my vhs because,even doing things I've mentionned, I'm never sure that it works because mencoder encodes but don't show any video or sound during it works.

I've seached but found nothing...so I post here.....if someone has an idea.....

cordialement,