Re: Want to help in MSI TV VOX USB 2.0

Carlos Jenkins wrote:
> Hi :) Thank again for the replies.
>
>> Well, if it actually has a tuner, then it is unlikely that any
>> existing board profile is going to help (ruling out the ability to
>> just use a "card=").
> Profile 5 is for this same card.
>
>> Do you know what tuner it contains?  Can you
>> provide some hi-res photos of the internals of the device?
>
> Yes, I can :)
>
> http://www.cjenkins.net/files/msivoxusb2.0.png

The tuner is LG/Innotek TALN-H200T.

>From Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.tuner:

tuner=25 - LG PAL_I+FM (TAPC-I001D)
tuner=26 - LG PAL_I (TAPC-I701D)
tuner=27 - LG NTSC+FM (TPI8NSR01F)
tuner=28 - LG PAL_BG+FM (TPI8PSB01D)
tuner=29 - LG PAL_BG (TPI8PSB11D)
tuner=37 - LG PAL (newer TAPC series)
tuner=39 - LG NTSC (newer TAPC series)
tuner=47 - LG NTSC (TAPE series)
tuner=64 - LG TDVS-H06xF
tuner=66 - LG TALN series

Probably, tuner=66 will work better.

So, you'll need to probe your card with

	modprobe em28xx card=5 tuner=66

> Note: Mauro I'll test everything you said later and I'll post the result here.

Ok.

--

Cheers,
Mauro