Re: Want to help in MSI TV VOX USB 2.0

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Carlos Jenkins
<carlos.jenkins.perez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/2/10 Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
>> Does the device even have a tuner?  I had assumed all the em2862
> It's a em2820 to be exact.
>
>> reference designs just did s-video and composite capture.
>
> This device has S-Video, Composite and TVTuner.
> This is the device:
> http://www.msi.com/uploads/Image/product_img/other/multimedia/vox_view.jpg
>
>>This one is a bit different than the others though, since it has a tvp5150 as
>> opposed to a saa7113.
>
> It has a saa7114H, I'm sure, I opened it and looked at the chips :P

Sorry about that.  I'm actually working a couple of different em28xx
issues this morning, and got yours confused with the other issue.

Well, if it actually has a tuner, then it is unlikely that any
existing board profile is going to help (ruling out the ability to
just use a "card=").  Do you know what tuner it contains?  Can you
provide some hi-res photos of the internals of the device?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com