Re: Want to help in MSI TV VOX USB 2.0

> The above messages seem ok, but I never tried to use tvtime with xinerama.
> This used to be a very good application, but it is not maintained anymore.
> Not sure if it works fine with newer xorg versions with xinerama. Also,
> by default, tvtime enables channel signal detection, but several tuners
> don't provide it. So, you need to disable it, in order for tvtime to work.

Thank for the tip, but makes no difference.

> I suggest you to try mplayer instead. I'm not sure what video standard is
> used in Costa Rica, nor what channel frequency list.

As noted on the first mail, NTSC, same as US
(http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archivo:NTSC-PAL-SECAM.svg)

> So, you may need to adjust the parameters bellow. For NTSC and 6 MHz channels, the command syntax
> is:
>
> mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL-M:chanlist=us-bcast tv://

PAL-M? It should not be NTSC something?  Anyway, I'll try that later.

>> [At this point the application freezes in a black screen, nothing can
>> be done on the GUI]
>
> Maybe due to the lack of signal.
Maybe, but I don't think so. When the device is detected but has no
signal TVTime reacts correctly, in this case it freezes, it can't even
get closed.
What about the "Wait on channel: videobuf_waiton" thing?

> Cheers,
> Mauro

Thank for your help.