Re: Driver crash on kernel 2.6.32.7. Interaction between cx8800 (DVB-S) and USB HVR Hauppauge 950q

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Richard Lemieux <rlemieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andy,
>
> This is a great answer!  Thanks very much.  When I get into this situation
> again
> I will know what to look for.
>
> A possible reason why I got into this problem in the first place is that I
> tried
> many combinations of parameters with mplayer and azap in order to learn how
> to use the USB tuner in both the ATSC and the NTSC mode.  I will look back
> in the terminal history to see if I can find anything.

I think the key to figuring out the bug at this point is you finding a
sequence where you can reliably reproduce the oops.  If we have that,
then I can start giving you some code to try which we can see if it
addresses the problem.

For example, I would start by giving you a fix which results in us not
calling the firmware release if the request_firmware() call failed,
but it wouldn't be much help if you could not definitively tell me if
the problem is fixed.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs