Re: ADV7180 Capture with i.MX53

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 1:34 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 1:55 PM Tim Harvey <tharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I still carry around a patch from Steve for imx-csi that drops first
> > few frames from BT656 sources:
> > https://github.com/Gateworks/linux-imx6/commit/959fbd42ee6433f49ef4a04fb1abe8f8c78db5ad
> > to deal with this.
>
> Tried this patch and now I see the scrolling happening horizontally
> (from right to left).
>
> Stil trying to get stable video from ADV7180.

Ok that's strange indeed. I did recently test 5.3 on a Gateworks IMX6
board with ADV7180 and the one patch to drop the first few frames and
its stable. What does your testing show on an IMX6 and do you know
when it may have broken for IMX53?

I do have a discussion going on here about NEWAVMODE and BT.656-3 vs
BT.656-4. I wonder if its something to do with that as that issue
causes rolling video on IMX6 with ADV7280:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11117579/

Tim