Re: [Patch] Kworld 315U remote support

Franklin Meng wrote:
> This patch adds remote support for the Kworld 315U device
>
> Note: I believe I got most of the mappings correct.  Though the
> source and shutdown button probably could be mapped to something
> better.
>
> To be done: Still need to get the Kworld analog patch resubmitted.
> There are still some stuff I want to test with the analog patch before
> I resubmit it.  Hopefully this patch will work ok.
>
> Please let me know if there are any issues applying the patch

Hi Franklin,

Could you please add a table with the full scan code?

There are currently two examples of such tables:
	ir_codes_rc5_hauppauge_new_table - for RC5 keycodes
	ir_codes_nec_terratec_cinergy_xs_table - for NEC keycodes

Basically, a full scan code has a 2-byte code instead of 1-byte,
and you need to specify the protocol at the table, like:

struct ir_scancode_table ir_codes_nec_terratec_cinergy_xs_table = {
        .scan = ir_codes_nec_terratec_cinergy_xs,
        .size = ARRAY_SIZE(ir_codes_nec_terratec_cinergy_xs),
        .ir_type = IR_TYPE_NEC,
};

The em28xx is already prepared to properly handle the protocol.

the advantage of using a full table is that it is easy to replace
the keytable and even the protocol if someone wants to use a different
Remote Controller to control the device.

As you've declared this xclk:

                .xclk           = EM28XX_XCLK_FREQUENCY_12MHZ,

I suspect that your keycode is of the type NEC.

Cheers,
Mauro