Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/v4l-dvb/

Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/01/2010 07:36 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
>>> Hi Douglas,
>>>
>>> I believe it is you to whom the pull requests must be addressed.
>>
>> In fact, the current workflow is different: I'll handle all patches
>> (except
>> for those that are pure backport patches or to some files that are
>> present
>> only at v4l-dvb -hg tree). After having them added to my -git tree,
>> then Douglas
>> will backport them to -hg.
>>

> Ah, ok, and do you still accept pull requests from hg trees. As much I
> think
> moving over to git is a good thing (I use it everywhere else), I must
> say the
> hg tree's stand alone compile behavior (so without having to rebuild
> your entire
> kernel), is very very convenient.

Well, the kernel building system has some very fancy things like:

make drivers/media/gspca/

(to compile all gspca drivers but don't generate the .ko)

 make drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_sonixj.ko

To generate the gspca_sonixj.ko module

This is a way faster than what the -hg building system have.

--

Cheers,
Mauro