Re: [Q] udev and soc-camera

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 15:02, Valentin Longchamp
<valentin.longchamp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kay Sievers wrote:
> Thanks a lot Kay, you pointed me exactly where I needed to watch.
> OpenEmbedded adds udevadm trigger a big list of --susbsystem-nomatch options
> as soon as you are not doing your first boot anymore and video4linux is
> among them.
>
> I either have to remove this option in the script or understand why my other
> /dev nodes are kept (ttys are doing fine with the same treatment for
> instance) and not video4linux ones (it looks like they are using DEVCACHE or
> something like this). But I would prefer the first alternative since cameras
> may be unplugged on some robots.

Really, that logic sounds awfully wrong. Any /dev-caching and games
with skipping selected subsystems at coldplug can never reliably work
as you have found out. :) You should definitely go for devtmpfs
instead of such needless and misguided hacks, if a plain "udevadm
trigger" does not work for some reason.

Good luck.
Kay