Re: [Bug report] dvbv5-zap crash dvb-tool ARMHF builds

Hi Sam,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 08:35:44AM +0100, Samuel CHEMLA wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am struggling with valgrind because it always complain with either :
>     ASan runtime does not come first in initial library list; you
> should either link runtime to your application or manually preload it
> with LD_PRELOAD
>     -> When I LD_PRELOAD, I'm getting a segfault, but I couldn't find
> any core dump
>
> or, if I link statically libasan with -static-libasan:
>     Shadow memory range interleaves with an existing memory mapping.
> ASan cannot proceed correctly. ABORTING.
>     ASan shadow was supposed to be located in the
> [0x00007fff7000-0x10007fff7fff] range.
>

> I retested again on my raspberry zero W, and I confirm i cannot
> reproduce the hang.
> Your fix did work on that device.
> I am testing with same OS (raspbian with latest updates, same kernel),
> same configure options, same USB dongle... :-(
> The only differences are CPU architecture (armv6 vs armv7), memory
> constraints, and I was not using the same channels.conf, I'll fix that
> today and re-check

Earlier you said "random hangs are back". When this happens, does the whole
device become unresponsive or just dvbv5-zap? Since this issue is "back",
I wouldn't be surprised this is unrelated to the fixes in 1.12.7 and 1.16.4.

It would be useful to see the output from dmesg (best thing would be after
the issue occurs).

Also what dvb hardware are you using?

Thanks,

san