Re: Kworld 315U and SAA7113?

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Franklin Meng <fmeng2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I retested my device and tried several different GPIO sequences but so far every time I change between the Analog and digital interface, the SAA7113 needs to be reinitialized.  I tried leaving both the digital and analog interfaces enabled by setting the GPIO to 7c but then the LG demod does not initialize.
>
> Either way it looks like I will have to reinitialize the device after switching between interfaces.
>
> Other than that do you want me to remove the suspend GPIO?  Since I don't have the equipment to measure the power, I don't know for a fact if the device really has been put in a suspend state or not.

Hello Franklin,

Just to be clear, I'm not proposing that you remove the suspend logic.
 I was suggesting that you should be breaking the change into three
separate patches, so that if a problem arises we can isolate whether
it is a result of the power management changes.  Having a separate
patch is especially valuable because you are touching other drivers
which are shared by other products.

Cheers,

Devin

--