Re: DM1105: could not attach frontend 195d:1105

Igor wrote:

> Accordingly datasheet possible demod addresses are 0x68, 0x69, 0x6a,
0x6b only.
> Possibly there is some DM1105 GPIO drives reset for demod.
> I assume it is last (26, top right if you look from card elements side)
pin on tuner.
> You can visually trace way from can tuner. Or use multimeter.

Sorry, that is a bit beyond me.

If I understand correctly, I'm looking for the top right pin from the
tuner when I'm looking at the side of the card that has all the chips on
it.  I can see that, and there are a number of traces that run from there
to the DM1105, and also a few that run to other components on the card.

I'm assuming I need to follow the topmost of the traces that go to the
DM1105, and see which pin on the DM1105 it goes to.

My eyesight isn't that good...but I have a magnifying glass.  If I follow
the topmost of the traces it looks to run to the rightmost pin on the top
row of pins on the DM1105, when the writing on the DM1105 is the right way
up.  I didn't find a data sheet for the DM1105, so I can't tell if that is
a GPIO pin or not.

The next trace down from the top right on the tuner appears to end without
connecting.  It ends in a small brass circle, and doesn't appear to go
through to the back of the board and connect anywhere.  The next one below
that goes to the fifth pin in from the right hand end of the top row on the
DM1105.

Am I doing the right thing here - does this make sense?

I've drawn on the photo so you can see what I'm doing.  Refer:
http://planar.id.au/Photos/img_1964%20%28copy%29.jpg.  The far right blue
line comes from the top most right hand pin on the tuner, runs under the
board at the brass circle, and comes out again to join on to the rightmost
pin.  The next blue line in is the one going to the fifth pin, it is the
third track down coming from the tuner.  In between the two is a track that
appears to go nowhere.  I've marked in white roughly where they are coming
out of the tuner.

Thanks again for all your help,

Paul