Re: uvcvideo: IR camera lights only every second frame

Hi Jiri,

On 30/10/2018 14:36, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell Lattitude 7280 with two webcams. The standard one works
> fine (/dev/video0). The other one is an IR camera (/dev/video1). The
> camera proper works fine and produces 340x374 frames. But there is an IR
> led supposed to light the object. The video is 30fps, but the LED seems
> to emit light only on half of the frames, i.e. on every second frame (15
> fps). This makes the video blink a lot. The two consecutive frames look
> like:
> https://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/sklad/mpv-shot0002.jpg
> https://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/sklad/mpv-shot0003.jpg
>
> Do you have any ideas what to check/test?

I have an HP Spectre with IR camera, and it also 'flashes' alternate frames.

I assumed this was something to do with controlling the lighting for
face recognition some how.

I'm fairly sure we don't control the 'IR flash' from the UVC.

I wonder if there is a control parameter for the IR led in the
extension-units?

--
Regards

Kieran