s5p_mfc and H.264 frame cropping question

Hi all,

I'm looking at removing the last users of vidioc_g/s_crop from the driver and
I came across vidioc_g_crop in drivers/media/platform/s5p-mfc/s5p_mfc_dec.c.

What this really does AFAICS is return the H.264 frame crop as read from the
bitstream. This has nothing to do with regular cropping/composing but it might be
something that could be implemented as a new selection target.

I'm not really sure what to do with the existing code since it is an abuse of
the crop API, but I guess the first step is to decide how this should be handled
properly.

Are there other decoders that can retrieve this information? Should this be
mentioned in the stateful codec API?

Regards,

	Hans