Re: Bad image/sound quality with Medion MD 95700

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009, TAXI wrote:

> > I have my machine operating fully again (yeahright), I can send
> > you some of these alternative patches to try -- running
> > successfully on 2.6.14 and 2.6.27-rc4.

> That would be nice.

Hintergrund (aber nicht so wightig)...

I have not had the chance to update my `git' kernel source since
more than a month, and even then, it is on a disk which I cannot
plug in at present.  The latest source I have at hand which I've
patched is 2.6.27-rc4.  There may be some differences from the
present code, so I am not sending a normal patch.

(Ich verwende aeltere Quellcode, deswegen musst Du per Hand
etwas aendern)

THIS IS NOT A PATCH TO BE APPLIED BY EVERYONE.  This is only to
verify that you are seeing the same problem I have had.

As I do not have a simple patch, I will give you the simple
changes to be made by hand.  Either way should give you a working
receiver, and both, but not together, should work.

Make a copy of the source file...
$  cd (your linux source)
$  cd drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb
$  cp -pvi  cxusb.c  cxusb.c-DIST

Edit cxusb.c

find the function
cxusb_cx22702_frontend_attach
      ^^^^^^^
it should have the line
if (usb_set_interface(adap->dev->udev, 0, 6) < 0)
                                         ^^^
or something very similar -- change this 6 to 0.

This will cause the driver to look at alternate interface 0 for
bulk data.

Now rebuild the kernel or the dvb_usb_cxusb module, reboot or load
the new module, and try it and see if it is better.

I will send a second alternative patch, to read isoc data from
interface 6, in a separate message.

barry bouwsma