Re: Bad image/sound quality with Medion MD 95700

BOUWSMA Barry schrieb:
> The other thing to note is that this device delivers a full
> unfiltered Transport Stream, which with the 13,27Mbit/sec typical
> bandwidth per channel used in your country (apart from some local
> exceptions of greater values), will require a USB2 interface.
it is a USB2 interface:
[    3.965425] usb 1-3.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 6 (it's the USB hub in the box)

I also thought the USB chipset could be the problem and testet it with
an extra USB2 card.

> around line 620 in my reference code, there is a line that sets
> the alternate interface to 6.  This is expected to be bulk, but
> on my boxes is isoc.
>
> You can change this to interface 0, on which my boxes delivers
> bulk data flawlessly.
I think isoc would be okay on 2.6.32, so no need to change that, right?

> but when
> I have my machine operating fully again (yeahright), I can send
> you some of these alternative patches to try -- running
> successfully on 2.6.14 and 2.6.27-rc4.
That would be nice.

P.S. my english is not the best so I don't understand all you wrote but
why don't you put the patches upstream?