Re: Adaptec VideOh! DVD Media Center

Hi,
I'm having a real bad time with this, I've just noticed the strangest thing:
The product id on the box changes when loading the firmware:
from the initial vid:pid of 03f3:008b to 03f3:008c I guess the same
also happens for 03f3:0087 to 03f3:0088
This is way the original firmware loader uses the inital pid in the
configuration and the driver module sets the later in the device tab:
udev loads the firmware, the pid changes and the driver module gets
loaded.
So if If I want the driver to request the firmware I have to set both
pids and end up with two device entries, the first of which will never
get removed since the inital pid is no more :D

Is there any solution/ideas on how to handle this behaviour?
Also I exctrated the firmware into a ihex file, I see that existing
modules use several diferent types of firmware binary files (fw, bin)
obtained from the ihex file, some even use ihex directly
(request_ihex_firmware), is there a optimal format for this?

Regards,
Paulo