Re: Adaptec VideOh! DVD Media Center

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Paulo Assis <pj.assis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Is there any simpler/standard way of handling these firmware uploads ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Paulo
>
> Hi Paulo,
>
> I would start by looking at the request_firmware() function, which is
> used by a variety of other v4l cards.

Yes. Basically, you store all firmwares you need on /lib/firmware and
request_firmware loads them when the driver is loaded.

You don't need to add any extra udev magic for it to work, since there are
already some userspace programs that handle firmware requests when using
request_firmware().

Cheers,
Mauro.