Re: New ASUS P3-100 DVB-T/DVB-S device (1043:48cd)

Hi,

Am Montag, den 14.12.2009, 08:26 +0100 schrieb dvblinux:
> The complete name of the board is:
>
> "ASUS My Cinema PS3-100/PTS/FM/AV/RC" ouch :-)
>
> You're right:
>
> It features the same features than the "ASUS My Cinema P7131 Hybrid"
> that is: S-Video in, Composite and audio in with a special splitter
> cord, an FM tuner and IR remote control. All connectors are the same for
> both cards, but the additionnal DVB-S.
>
> The remote control seems to behave exactely the same as P7131, i.e new
> entries in /dev/input/ as a regular keyboard.
>
> I'll post additionnal stuff later, thanks for your answer.
>
> Regards.

the card is a little different than the OEM 3in1 it seems.

Just some hints for your further testing.

On card=147 the DVB-T demod is at 0x0b, but on P7131 Hybrid LNA on 0x08.
You might want to change it in saa7134-dvb.c in the 3in1_config and in
saa7134-cards.c for analog initialization.

To test on DVB-S you need to pass "use_frontend=1" to the saa7134-dvb
module. That tuner is at 0x60, might be different for you.

On later P7131 type of cards, like Dual and Hybrid LNA, there is a
female antenna input connector _also_ for radio on the board. The DVB-T
RF input is switched to that shared radio/DVB-T input with
antenna_switch = 2 and gpio 0x0200000 for analog radio. Analog TV
remains on the other RF input.

The 3in1 OEM version has a male radio antenna input on the card, so with
antenna_switch = 1 analog TV and DVB-T are on the same single female
connector on that one, only for radio we switch to the other.

Good luck,
Hermann