camera control interface

Hi folks,

I am writing a driver for camera control inteface which is an i2c
controller. So looking up the code I think it can be a v4l subdev,
right? Can it be an independent i2c master and not v4l subdev?

Second the control sports GPIOs. It can support  a set of
synchronization primitives so it's possible to drive I2C clients and
GPIOs with hardware controlled timing to allow for sync control of
sensors hooked and also for fancy strobe. How would we represent these
gpios in v4l2 and allow the control, any ideas on that.

Thanks
--
~Vinod