help with cx88 blackbird

I need some help trying to get a second tuner card setup, the card is a Kworld
mce 201, it has a conexant cx23416-12 and a conexant 23880-19 chips the
tuner is a TNJ7751-MFF . I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with mythtv fixes .21.

The card is found as an anolog V4l capture card by mythtv but the Mpeg-2
encoder part isnt found. Dmesg says that the card type is unknown and to add
it to the modeprobe.d options file, but I am unsure witch card to choose, I
have tried card 45 which loads it as device video3 ( I have to manually enter
the video device number in mythtv backend to make it show the probed info)
but when I switch to this tuner on a frontend it just sits on a black screen
for a few minutes then returns to the mythtv menu. I can use Mplayer from the
command line using mplayer -vo xv /dev/video3 the Mplayer window opens but
all I get is colored snow.

In case it matters my other cards that work with mythtv are a Hauppauge PVR
350 and an ATI TV Wonder dvb card. any help with this would be appreciated.