Re: [RFC v2 00/10] Preparing the request API

Status update:

Current work-in-progress tree:

https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git/log/?h=reqv8

v4l2-compliance test code:

https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/v4l-utils.git/log/?h=request

It is now working for me with v4l2-compliance and vim2m and vivid.

All requests and request objects are correctly freed after doing all
the v4l2-compliance tests.

It's a fairly decent test coverage, but I'm sure there are some corner
cases that can be added.

I've frozen my reqv8 branch so that can be used as a starting point for
codec drivers.

I've started a reqv9 which will be the cleaned-up version of reqv8.
My hope is that I can finish that tomorrow and post the patch series
to the ML at the end of the day.

Regards,

	Hans