Re: Webcams not recognized on a Dell Latitude 5285 laptop

Hi Andy and Frédéric,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 06:11:00PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 2:38 PM, FRÉDÉRIC PARRENIN
> <frederic.parrenin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Dear Oliver and all,
> >
> > So I was expecting linux-4.16 to recognize my webcams, thanks to this new PCI driver Oliver mentioned.
> > Therefore I installed 4.16-rc4.
> > Unfortunately, there is still no /dev/video* device
> >
> > Any idea what could be done to have these webcams working?
>
> I guess you need a driver.
> Cc: + Sakari, and thus leaving the complete message uncut.

Or drivers. And a bit more than that actually. Assuming this is IPU3, that
is. If that's the case, the short answer is there's no trivial way to
support webcam-like functionality using this device. The ACPI tables would
tell more details.

Could you send me the ACPI tables, i.e. the file produced by the command:

	acpidump -o acpidump.bin

In Debian acpidump is included in acpica-tools package.

Thank you.

--
Regards,

Sakari Ailus