Re: [linux-dvb] Organizing ALL device data in linuxtv wiki

Hi Jan,

In order to ease the maintenance work I have started to include direkt
links from the device's entry in the wiki to the source repository's
history of the driver.

E.g. In the entry for Avermedia AverTV A800 you'll
see "Supported in kernel since 2.6.13".

Now the word "kernel" is a hyperlink to the history page of the a800
driver in Linus's kernel repository.

I could change it to point directly at the driver source but my guess is
that the history will be the thing that you'll look at first anyway.

The only additional information one has to enter per device is a parameter
for the {{Supported in Kernel}} template
instead of
{{Supported in Kernel|since=2.6.25}}
you write
{{Supported in Kernel|since=2.6.25|file=drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c}}
I could have shortened the path but I wanted to keep it generic.

Does that look usable/helpful? Is history the right landing page?

Is there anything besides Documentation/dvb/cards.txt that I could take
a look at? Currently that file looks rather outdated so reading the
driver source instead seems more promising.

cheers
-henrik

PS: Same can be done for drivers that are maintained in main hg repository and
in branches but I'd like some feedback first.