Re: Driver for NXP SAA7154

Hi Andreas,

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is work in progress for a Linux driver supporting
> the NXP SAA7154 Multistandard video decoder with comb filter, component
> input and RGB output chip. The chip provides some improvements of the
> SAA7119 chip which is (partially?) supported by the kernel right now.
> (I'm not so sure about that)

I'm pretty sure no one is working on that device. Actually, I don't think
the saa7119 is supported either.

> I work for a very small startup company developing an arm based embedded
> system and would very much be interested in the development of that
> driver.
>
> We would especially be interested in
>
> * De-interlacing for progressive displays
>
> NXP Product page:
> http://www.nxp.com/#/pip/pip=[pip=SAA7154E_SAA7154H]|pp=[t=pip,i=SAA7154E_SAA7154H]
> Datasheet:
> http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/SAA7154E_SAA7154H.pdf
>
> Any help appreciated!

I think it will have to be a new driver, partially based on the current
saa7115.c driver (at least the composite/S-Video input part seems to be
very similar to that one). The good news is that the datasheet is
available, that will help a lot.

Regards,

        Hans