Re: [progress]: dvb_usb_rtl28xxu not tuning "Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 DS PLUS TV"

On 26/09/17 14:32, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
On 18/09/17 14:26, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
I have just upgraded to f24. I am now using the standard dvb_usb_rtl28xxu fe
which logs messages suggesting all is well (I get the /dev/dvb/adapter? etc.)
but I get no channels tuned when I run mythfrontend or scandvb.

Is anyone using this combination?
Is this the correct way to use this tuner?

BTW:

Until f22 I was using the out of kernel driver from
     https://github.com/jaredquinn/DVB-Realtek-RTL2832U.git
but I now get a compile error.

TIA

This is an FYI in case anyone else stumbles on this thread.

While the problem persists, I managed to find a way around it for now.

I changed the antenna input.

Originally I used a powered splitter to feed all the tuners, and it worked
well with the out-of-kernel driver. This driver does not build or work with
a more modern kernel so I shifted to using dvb_usb_rtl28xxu which fails to
tune.

The new wiring splits (passive) the antenna in two, feeds one side directly
to the two "Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 DS PLUS TV" cards (through another passive
2-way) and the other side goes to the old powered splitter that feeds a few
USB tuners.

Now all tuners are happy. It seems that the "Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 DS PLUS TV"
cannot handle the amplified input while the USB tuners require it.

I hope that there is a way to set a profile in dvb_usb_rtl28xxu to attenuate
the input to an acceptable level thus unravelling the antenna cables rat-nest.

Looking further, I think that it is the fc0013 tuner that should manage the lna
but does not. Compare it to the module in here
	https://github.com/jaredquinn/DVB-Realtek-RTL2832U/blob/master/src/tuner_fc0013.c
which I was using successfully (unfortunately this repo does not build or work
with current linux kernels).

Is this possible? If so, can it be fixed?

cheers

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)