Re: IR driver support for tango platforms

On 13/09/2017 16:57, Sean Young wrote:

On Sep 13, 2017 at 16:03, Mason wrote:

Changes from v1 to v2:

o Rebase driver on top of linuxtv/master
o Use ir_nec_bytes_to_scancode() in tango_ir_handle_nec()
o Use devm_rc_allocate_device() in tango_ir_probe()
o Use Use devm_rc_register_device() in tango_ir_probe()
o Rename rc->input_name to rc->device_name (not sure what value to use here)
o List all NEC variants for rc->allowed_protocols
o Change type of clkrate to u64
o Fix tango_ir_probe and tango_ir_remove for devm
o Move around some init calls in tango_ir_probe() for devm
o Use relaxed variants of MMIO accessors

TODO: test RC-5 and RC-6 (I need to locate proper remote)

You could get a IR transmitter (e.g. raspberry pi + IR led + resistor) or
some of the mceusb devices, and then you can use the ir-ctl tool to
test all the different protocols, including extended rc5 and the other
rc6 variants.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I do have a box full of remote controls, and I'm hoping some of
them are RC-5 and RC-6. (Someone told me there is a Sony decoder
in the chip, but I have found no documentation whatsoever regarding
that feature!)

There is an IR transmitter on the board, but I have no driver for
it, only a custom test app. So that doesn't help me for ir-ctl...
I don't know how much time a driver would require.

But I don't think we need to block merging because these protocols haven't
been tested. It would be nice though.

I'll try my best to test the driver thoroughly. And then I'll
send a formal patch.

Regards.