Re: UVC property auto update

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for the explanation.

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Edgar Thier wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> The cameras in question are USB-3.0 industrial cameras from The Imaging Source.
> The ones I tested were the DFK UX250 and DFK UX264 models.
> I do not know if there are other devices that have the AUTO_UPDATE flag for various properties.
>
> Since I received no immediate answer I tried fixing it myself.
> The result can be found here:
> https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/43289/

But that patch only re-reads the flags. What does that give you? Do those
flags change? In which way? As far as I understand the UVC Autoupdate
feature, a change in GET_INFO data is only one possibility, (arguably) a
more important one is changes in GET_CUR data. In either case, this should
be implemented using the UVC Interrupt endpoint. Here's my latest
asynchronous control patch:

https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/42800/

As you can see, it only handles the VALUE_CHANGE (GET_CUR) case. I would
suggest implementing a patch on top of it to add support for INFO_CHANGE
and you'd be the best person to test it then!

Thanks
Guennadi