Support for direct playback of camera input on imx6q

Dear List,

I'm trying to directly output a captured video signal to an LVDS panel on an imx6q. Capturing frames works fine using the staging imx-media driver. I can grab JPGs using v4l2grab and I can stream the input to the display with gstreamer. However, when streaming, one of the cores is utilized by ~66%, and I have to use the videoconvert module of gstreamer.

The IPU in imx6 can directly stream an captured signal back to the display processor (DP) according to [1]. While the capturing paths within the IPU are managed by the staging media-imx driver, its output paths are not, so I can not simply set up links using media-ctl.

So, my question is whether it is possible to hook up the captured signal to the DP using either the ipuv3 driver or the frame buffer driver (mxcfb) or something else, and if yes, how?

Thanks for any help and/or hints
Stephan

[1] http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf, pg. 2732 or chapter 37.1.2.1.4.1, 'Camera Preview'