Re: em28xx based USB Hybrid (Analog & DVB-T) TV Tuner not supported

Hi!

The dmesg didn't reveal what tuner your stick/card has, it's probably
a XC2028/XC3028 or something like that.
Easiest way to find out would be if you could open the cover and have
a look inside.

If you have access to windows and the pvr program that came with the
tuner you could do a usb-sniff.

http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/
or
http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/

Switch between different inputs while doing the log, like "dvb",
"analog" and if it has "svideo"/"composite" input.

copy the windows log to unix and parse the output with parser.pl (I've
added is as an attachment.)
I think there is a new parser somewhere, but I forgot the name of it.

I'm also not sure how I used it, but I think it was like this: perl
parser.pl < "your_windows_log" > "parsed_log"
That log is needed to  find out what "gpio" your tuner needs for
different settings.

Don't be scared of the size of the windows log, it gets large, often a
few hundred MB.
The parsed log is much smaller,  a few hundred KB.

That is all I can think about atm.

/Magnus Alm